Concours d’Elegance, a French phrase meaning a competition of elegance, or literally, “Concours of Excellence”, refers to a gathering of prestigious cars. Concours (pronounced: “Con-Kor”) dates back to the 17th-century French aristocracy who paraded horse-drawn carriages in the parks of Paris during summer weekends and holidays. Over time, carriages became horseless carriages and the competition was among automobile owners to judge on the appearance of their vehicles. So a modern Concours d’ Elegance is an assembly of automobiles in competition on their relative merits in terms of coach work, design, finish and appointments.
One of the most famous Concours events is the annual Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance.
Our Concours d’Elegance Events
The Lone Star Region PCA Concours d’Excellence is a gathering together of Porsche automobiles. It is an activity in which the beauty and cleanliness of your Porsche are rated and scored with other cars in your designated class.
Our events are based on the practical reality that most of us have many other priorities, limited time, and may well use our Porsches as daily-drivers. The odds are that most of the cars shown locally are prepared in a few hours and generally driven to the event prior to a final cleanup. Everyone should have a good time enjoying their cars and meeting other enthusiasts. Our effort to create a great social occasion for the entrants, their spouses and/or kids, who can also enjoy the company of others with similar interests.
Have you ever attended a Concours? If not, then this is the year! If you have attended in the past, then plan to join other club members for another year of great looking Porsches at great locations. All of the wonderful past venues that made a successful year be leveraged again to host our future Concours events.
Concours 101 events are held during the year to help members get a better understanding of what is involved to prepare for a Concours event so please keep a lookout for the next one.
Upcoming Concours d'Elegance Events
- Your PCA e-Brake News March 2020 Recap April 3, 2020
- e-Brake News: Video: PCA Club Racing — Challenge yourself and have a lot of fun April 1, 2020
- e-Brake News: Video: Canepa and his 800-horsepower Porsche 959 SC March 25, 2020
- e-Brake News: 2020 Werks Reunion rocks Amelia Island at new location [w/video] March 18, 2020
- e-Brake News: First-place award winners at Werks Reunion Amelia Island [w/video] March 11, 2020
- e-Brake News: 2021 Porsche 911 Turbo S is bigger and faster with 640 horsepower March 4, 2020
- Your PCA e-Brake News February 2020 Recap March 2, 2020
- e-Brake News: Panorama photographer wins Motor Press Guild award for image of 911 GT3 RS at Road America February 26, 2020
- e-Brake News: First Drive: Porsche 718 GTS with 4.0-liter flat six February 19, 2020
- e-Brake News: First Drive: 2020 Porsche Macan GTS February 12, 2020