Concours d’Elegance, a French phrase meaning a competition of elegance, or literally, “Concours of Excellence”, refers to a gathering of prestigious cars. Concours (pronounced: “Con-Kor”) dates back to the 17th-century French aristocracy who paraded horse-drawn carriages in the parks of Paris during summer weekends and holidays. Over time, carriages became horseless carriages and the competition was among automobile owners to judge on the appearance of their vehicles. So a modern Concours d’ Elegance is an assembly of automobiles in competition on their relative merits in terms of coach work, design, finish and appointments.
One of the most famous Concours events is the annual Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance.
Our Concours d’Elegance Events
The Lone Star Region PCA Concours d’Excellence is a gathering together of Porsche automobiles. It is an activity in which the beauty and cleanliness of your Porsche are rated and scored with other cars in your designated class.
Our events are based on the practical reality that most of us have many other priorities, limited time, and may well use our Porsches as daily-drivers. The odds are that most of the cars shown locally are prepared in a few hours and generally driven to the event prior to a final cleanup. Everyone should have a good time enjoying their cars and meeting other enthusiasts. Our effort to create a great social occasion for the entrants, their spouses and/or kids, who can also enjoy the company of others with similar interests.
Have you ever attended a Concours? If not, then this is the year! If you have attended in the past, then plan to join other club members for another year of great looking Porsches at great locations. All of the wonderful past venues that made a successful year be leveraged again to host our future Concours events.
Concours 101 events are held during the year to help members get a better understanding of what is involved to prepare for a Concours event so please keep a lookout for the next one.
Upcoming Concours d'Elegance Events
Nothing from January 26, 2020 to January 26, 2021.
- e-Brake News: 4.0-liter naturally aspirated flat six coming to the Porsche 718 GTS January 22, 2020
- e-Brake News: Video: We break, fix a Porsche 996 Carrera on way to more power with IPD intake plenum January 15, 2020
- e-Brake News: 10 important Porsche-related developments of the 2010s January 8, 2020
- Your PCA e-Brake News December 2019 Recap January 3, 2020
- e-Brake News: Mart Fresh: Which Porsche is best for the next decade? January 1, 2020
- e-Brake News: Video: Underneath and inside the Porsche Taycan December 25, 2019
- e-Brake News: Porsche Macan's new GTS variant: more power, exclusive seats December 18, 2019
- e-Brake News: Video: 67,000-mile Porsche Carrera GT drives like it's brand new December 11, 2019
- e-Brake News: Werks Reunion Amelia Island registration opens Dec. 11 December 4, 2019
- Your PCA e-Brake News November 2019 Recap December 2, 2019