What could be better than weekend touring through the countryside with friends?
Lone Star Region PCA periodically conducts driving tours (or joins with other local clubs for their tours). Touring is intended for those wishing to take a break (and give their brakes and tires a break!) from the high-level hormone track events. The objective of touring is to get Porsche people together for a fun day (or a fun weekend) with their cars and maybe learn something about the area countryside at the same time.
Touring involves all cars assembling at a start point and then driving in “convoy” through a predetermined scenic route. The trip usually pauses or ends at a restaurant or other point of interest along the route. Many of our tours are structured as charity events with a nominal voluntary contribution solicited from participants.
If you would like to organize a tour or have a suggested destination, please contact us as we recruit a new Chair person. PCA has some documents that pertain to planning, conducting, and post-event reporting for touring activities. This same level of documentation is generally required for all PCA events that regions conduct. Tours are more likely to be organized and conducted on an informal basis so persons leading tours need to be aware of this information.
LSRPCA Tours 2022
Sights North of Chappell Hill, to include museums, a noted Porsche repair facility, well maintained Painted Churches established in the area by German and Czech immigrants in the 19th century and lunch at an authentic French bistro.
Chappell Hill Bakery
Sights South of Chappell Hill, to include museums, a noted Porsche repair facility, well maintained Painted Churches established in the area by German and Czech immigrants in the 19th century and lunch at an authentic French bistro.
Chappell Hill Bakery
Upcoming Tour Events
- Porsche Paint-to-Sample now available … for your home September 26, 2023
- New Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid brings more performance, standard equipment for a bit more money September 26, 2023
- 2004 Porsche Cayenne S, 2005 911 Carrera, 2007 GT3 Cup, or 2012 Cayman R? | Mart Fresh September 26, 2023
- PCNA's new CEO comes from BMW but got his start with Porsche September 26, 2023
- The evolution of Recaro: From coachbuilding to seat-sculpting September 26, 2023
- Why does everyone want a 964-generation Porsche 911? PCA Tech Tips September 26, 2023
- First Drive: 911 S/T is Porsche's ode to the thrill of driving fast September 25, 2023
- Meet Mirage from 'Transformers' and the 911 Carrera RS 3.8 movie car at Rennsport Reunion 7 September 20, 2023
- Everyone loves a Parade! September 20, 2023
- Penske's Porsche 963s take a 1-2 finish at Indy, the team's third win of the year September 19, 2023