What could be better than weekend touring through the countryside with friends?
Lone Star Region PCA periodically conducts driving tours (or joins with other local clubs for their tours). Touring is intended for those wishing to take a break (and give their brakes and tires a break!) from the high-level hormone track events. The objective of touring is to get Porsche people together for a fun day (or a fun weekend) with their cars and maybe learn something about the area countryside at the same time.
Touring involves all cars assembling at a start point and then driving in “convoy” through a predetermined scenic route. The trip usually pauses or ends at a restaurant or other point of interest along the route. Many of our tours are structured as charity events with a nominal voluntary contribution solicited from participants.
If you would like to organize a tour or have a suggested destination, please contact us as we recruit a new Chair person. PCA has some documents that pertain to planning, conducting, and post-event reporting for touring activities. This same level of documentation is generally required for all PCA events that regions conduct. Tours are more likely to be organized and conducted on an informal basis so persons leading tours need to be aware of this information.
LSRPCA Tours 2022
Sights North of Chappell Hill, to include museums, a noted Porsche repair facility, well maintained Painted Churches established in the area by German and Czech immigrants in the 19th century and lunch at an authentic French bistro.
Chappell Hill Bakery
Sights South of Chappell Hill, to include museums, a noted Porsche repair facility, well maintained Painted Churches established in the area by German and Czech immigrants in the 19th century and lunch at an authentic French bistro.
Chappell Hill Bakery
Upcoming Tour Events
Bluebonnet Tour - II
April 1, 2023 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Welcome to the 2023 Bluebonnet Tour! - II. We’ll start at the Chappell Hill Bakery and Deli in Chappell Hill, TX. From there we will tour through various backroads and take in some great scenery. We’ll have a quick break and stopover in Fayetteville and then continue on to Flatonia where we’ll have lunch at the Red Vault Bistro. After lunch we’ll drive on and take a quick stop at the Rose Emporium, finishing the tour at the Texas Star Winery in Chappell Hill for an optional wine tasting. Registration fees of $37.00 per person covers lunch at the Bistro. Wine tasting is an additional cost (not included) with flights starting at $10.
- All about bore scoring in 1999-08 Porsche 911s, Boxsters, & Caymans | Parts 1-2 March 30, 2023
- Road to Rennsport: 10 reasons why Porsche and Can-Am series are forever linked | PCA Tech Tips March 28, 2023
- Mart Fresh: 1971 Porsche 914 1.7, 1987 944S, 2015 Panamera 4S, or 2018 Macan GTS? March 28, 2023
- Book Review: Brun Motorsport 1966-2009 March 28, 2023
- Alwin Springer on how Porsche dominated racing in North America | Tech Tactics Live March 28, 2023
- Porsche 981 Cayman GT4 vs. 982/718 Cayman GT4 w/muffler-delete: even match? | One-Mile Review March 26, 2023
- 20 Hours of Sebring: Success, failure and a new hope | PCA Tech Tips March 21, 2023
- See 'decaying' Porsches, a stripped Speedster at The Petersen's Arsham Auto Motive exhibit March 21, 2023
- Porsche tour of Werks Reunion Amelia Island 2023! March 21, 2023
- The Marvia 911 was the most brazen Porsche copy in history March 21, 2023