What could be better than weekend touring through the countryside with friends?
Lone Star Region PCA periodically conducts driving tours (or joins with other local clubs for their tours). Touring is intended for those wishing to take a break (and give their brakes and tires a break!) from the high-level hormone track events. The objective of touring is to get Porsche people together for a fun day (or a fun weekend) with their cars and maybe learn something about the area countryside at the same time.
Touring involves all cars assembling at a start point and then driving in “convoy” through a predetermined scenic route. The trip usually pauses or ends at a restaurant or other point of interest along the route. Many of our tours are structured as charity events with a nominal voluntary contribution solicited from participants.
If you would like to organize a tour or have a suggested destination, please contact our Chairperson, Edwin Goldman. PCA has some documents that pertain to planning, conducting, and post-event reporting for touring activities. This same level of documentation is generally required for all PCA events that regions conduct. Tours are more likely to be organized and conducted on an informal basis so persons leading tours need to be aware of this information.
Upcoming Tour Events
Nothing from December 5, 2019 to December 5, 2020.
- e-Brake News: Werks Reunion Amelia Island registration opens Dec. 11 December 4, 2019
- Your PCA e-Brake News November 2019 Recap December 2, 2019
- e-Brake News: Video: Porsche 911 GT2 RS Clubsport vs. 991.2 GT3 Cup November 27, 2019
- e-Brake News: Video: Watch PCA Club Racer pass 41 cars at Daytona in single race November 20, 2019
- e-Brake News: Video: Walter Röhrl drives Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 on track November 13, 2019
- e-Brake News: Porsche 718 Cayman T, Boxster T coming to North America November 6, 2019
- Your PCA e-Brake News October 2019 Recap November 2, 2019
- e-Brake News: PCA Sim Racing: A family affair October 30, 2019
- e-Brake News: Video: Driving Porsche's GT3 Touring October 23, 2019
- e-Brake News: Porsche, Boeing to explore air mobility with prototype aircraft October 16, 2019