What could be better than weekend touring through the countryside with friends?
Lone Star Region PCA periodically conducts driving tours (or joins with other local clubs for their tours). Touring is intended for those wishing to take a break (and give their brakes and tires a break!) from the high-level hormone track events. The objective of touring is to get Porsche people together for a fun day (or a fun weekend) with their cars and maybe learn something about the area countryside at the same time.
Touring involves all cars assembling at a start point and then driving in “convoy” through a predetermined scenic route. The trip usually pauses or ends at a restaurant or other point of interest along the route. Many of our tours are structured as charity events with a nominal voluntary contribution solicited from participants.
If you would like to organize a tour or have a suggested destination, please contact our Chairperson, Edwin Goldman. PCA has some documents that pertain to planning, conducting, and post-event reporting for touring activities. This same level of documentation is generally required for all PCA events that regions conduct. Tours are more likely to be organized and conducted on an informal basis so persons leading tours need to be aware of this information.
Upcoming Tour Events
Nothing from January 26, 2020 to January 26, 2021.
- e-Brake News: 4.0-liter naturally aspirated flat six coming to the Porsche 718 GTS January 22, 2020
- e-Brake News: Video: We break, fix a Porsche 996 Carrera on way to more power with IPD intake plenum January 15, 2020
- e-Brake News: 10 important Porsche-related developments of the 2010s January 8, 2020
- Your PCA e-Brake News December 2019 Recap January 3, 2020
- e-Brake News: Mart Fresh: Which Porsche is best for the next decade? January 1, 2020
- e-Brake News: Video: Underneath and inside the Porsche Taycan December 25, 2019
- e-Brake News: Porsche Macan's new GTS variant: more power, exclusive seats December 18, 2019
- e-Brake News: Video: 67,000-mile Porsche Carrera GT drives like it's brand new December 11, 2019
- e-Brake News: Werks Reunion Amelia Island registration opens Dec. 11 December 4, 2019
- Your PCA e-Brake News November 2019 Recap December 2, 2019