What could be better than weekend touring through the countryside with friends?
Lone Star Region PCA periodically conducts driving tours (or joins with other local clubs for their tours). Touring is intended for those wishing to take a break (and give their brakes and tires a break!) from the high-level hormone track events. The objective of touring is to get Porsche people together for a fun day (or a fun weekend) with their cars and maybe learn something about the area countryside at the same time.
Touring involves all cars assembling at a start point and then driving in “convoy” through a predetermined scenic route. The trip usually pauses or ends at a restaurant or other point of interest along the route. Many of our tours are structured as charity events with a nominal voluntary contribution solicited from participants.
If you would like to organize a tour or have a suggested destination, please contact us as we recruit a new Chair person. PCA has some documents that pertain to planning, conducting, and post-event reporting for touring activities. This same level of documentation is generally required for all PCA events that regions conduct. Tours are more likely to be organized and conducted on an informal basis so persons leading tours need to be aware of this information.
LSRPCA Tours 2022
Sights North of Chappell Hill, to include museums, a noted Porsche repair facility, well maintained Painted Churches established in the area by German and Czech immigrants in the 19th century and lunch at an authentic French bistro.
Chappell Hill Bakery
Sights South of Chappell Hill, to include museums, a noted Porsche repair facility, well maintained Painted Churches established in the area by German and Czech immigrants in the 19th century and lunch at an authentic French bistro.
Chappell Hill Bakery
Upcoming Tour Events
- Six Porsches we'll be watching at the Florida Auctions February 23, 2024
- 'Porsche Special Editions' | Book Review February 20, 2024
- Porsche revives two hybrid models for Panamera line: 4 E-Hybrid & 4S E-Hybrid February 20, 2024
- Top 10 questions fielded by the PCA National Office Member Services Team February 20, 2024
- Secrets to Selling Your Porsche Like a Pro | Tech Tactics Live February 20, 2024
- Rétromobile in Paris: Classic car show or vacation in the heart of France? Both! February 16, 2024
- Video: Rare Porsches and more at the Paris Rétromobile Show 2024 February 16, 2024
- Why now might be the time to buy a nice used Macan February 15, 2024
- 10 things we learned about Porsche's European Delivery program February 13, 2024
- 1973 Porsche 914 1.7, 1982 928, 2010 911 Carrera, or 2017 Macan Turbo? | Mart Fresh February 13, 2024