What is Autocross?
Autocross (or AX) is an entry level competitive driving event around a course defined by traffic cones. Each “lap” is individually timed for each driver. There is no “wheel-to-wheel” competition with courses designed to be negotiated entirely in 2nd gear for most vehicles. A typical course is 45 to 60 seconds long.
Autocross gives you the opportunity to develop your car control skills in a relatively safe environment.
PCA National Autocross rules allow for any licensed driver age 16 or older to participate in Autocrossing.
Beginner PCA members are always welcome, and there are no prerequisites other than arriving with a vehicle in safe working condition. We require non-member entrants to be experienced to allow instructors to focus on PCA member beginners.
Up to two drivers can share a single vehicle allowing for multiple family members to participate.
Porsche Club of America has redefined their various Autocross classifications for the 2020 season.
- PCL – Pre-’75 & other sub 160 hp Porsches, 924’s, 200 TW Tires
- 9AC – All 76-98 Air Cooled 911 models except turbo, 200 TW Tires
- 9AT – ALL 911 Turbo, 911 GTS, 99+ AWD, 2016+ Carrera S/GTS, 944T, 200 TW Tires
- 9WC – 99+ 911 Carrera models except Turbo, AWD, 2016+ Carrera S/GTS, 200 TW Tires
- 1BC – 97-08 Boxster/Cayman, 09-11 Boxster/Cayman Base Models, 944’s, 200 TW Tires
- 2BC – 09-11 Boxster/Cayman S/GTS, All 2012+ Boxster/Cayman, 968’s, 200 TW Tires
- PSV – ALL PORSCHE SUV, Panamera Models, 928’s, 200 TW Tires
- GTR – Special GT, R, or “Tuner” Porsches, heavily modified Porsches, 100 TW Tires
- PRT – RACE PREPARED PORSCHES, SUB-100 TW Tires
- X1 – SIGNIFICANTLY MODIFIED NON PORSCHES, sub 200 TW Tires
- X2 – ALL WHEEL DRIVE NON PORSCHE, 200 TW Tires
- X3 – REAR WHEEL DRIVE 8cyl+ NON PORSCHE, 200 TW Tires
- X4 – REAR WHEEL DRIVE 3-6cyl NON PORSCHE, 200 TW Tires
- X5 – FRONT WHEEL DRIVE AND SUB 100HP CARS, 200 TW Tires
- L – Ladies Class (Optional)
- IN – Autocross Event Instructors
Upcoming Autocross Events
Nothing from July 23, 2021 to July 23, 2022.
- Your PCA e-Brake News July 2020 Recap August 2, 2020
- e-Brake News: Driving the 2020 Porsche 718 Spyder: Don't call it a Boxster July 29, 2020
- e-Brake News: New Porsche 992 Turbo is quicker than old 991.2 Turbo S July 22, 2020
- e-Brake News: Porsche 992 Turbo S: Driving the Everyday Hypercar July 15, 2020
- e-Brake News: 2020 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet caters to your senses July 8, 2020
- Your PCA e-Brake News June 2020 Recap July 3, 2020
- e-Brake News: Base Porsche Taycan gets rear-wheel-drive, 303-mile range for Chinese July 1, 2020
- e-Brake News: A transaxle-Porsche journey down the Slippery Slope June 24, 2020
- e-Brake News: Video: Porsche 997 GT2 RS vs 991 GT2 RS June 17, 2020
- e-Brake News: Porsche to pull factory GTLM team from North American endurance racing June 10, 2020