What is Autocross
Autocross (or AX) is an entry level competitive driving event around a course defined by traffic cones. Each “lap” is individually timed for each driver. There is no “wheel-to-wheel” competition with courses designed to be negotiated entirely in 2nd gear for most vehicles. A typical course is 45 to 60 seconds long.
Autocross gives you the opportunity to develop your car control skills at the limit in a relatively safe environment.
PCA National Autocross rules allow for any licensed driver age 16 or older to participate in Autocrossing.
Beginner PCA members are always welcome and there are no prerequisites other than arriving with a vehicle in safe working condition. We require any non-member entrants to be experienced which allows our instructors to focus on PCA member beginners.
Up to two drivers can share a single vehicle allowing for multiple family members to participate.
For the 2022 season, LSR-PCA is adopting the regional version of the Porsche Parade Autocross classing rules. We hope this change will encourage members to take advantage of the opportunity to autocross when attending the club’s annual Parade event.
There are 5 classes for Showroom Stock Porsches “as delivered” by your Porsche dealer, 5 classes for lightly modified “Production” Porsches, two classes for heavily modified street driven “Improved” Porsches with full interiors, and one class for race prepared “Modified” Porsches.
Everything you want to know about the classing rules can be found by clicking on the 2022 Classes Document link to the right. Find your class on page 2.
Click the “Where do I start” link on the right to get started!
Upcoming Autocross Events
- Your PCA e-Brake News July 2020 Recap August 2, 2020
- e-Brake News: Driving the 2020 Porsche 718 Spyder: Don't call it a Boxster July 29, 2020
- e-Brake News: New Porsche 992 Turbo is quicker than old 991.2 Turbo S July 22, 2020
- e-Brake News: Porsche 992 Turbo S: Driving the Everyday Hypercar July 15, 2020
- e-Brake News: 2020 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet caters to your senses July 8, 2020
- Your PCA e-Brake News June 2020 Recap July 3, 2020
- e-Brake News: Base Porsche Taycan gets rear-wheel-drive, 303-mile range for Chinese July 1, 2020
- e-Brake News: A transaxle-Porsche journey down the Slippery Slope June 24, 2020
- e-Brake News: Video: Porsche 997 GT2 RS vs 991 GT2 RS June 17, 2020
- e-Brake News: Porsche to pull factory GTLM team from North American endurance racing June 10, 2020