What is Autocross?
Autocross (or AX) is an entry level competitive driving event around a course defined by traffic cones. Each “lap” is individually timed for each driver. There is no “wheel-to-wheel” competition with courses designed to be negotiated entirely in 2nd gear for most vehicles. A typical course is 45 to 60 seconds long.
Autocross gives you the opportunity to develop your car control skills in a relatively safe environment.
PCA National Autocross rules allow for any licensed driver age 16 or older to participate in Autocrossing.
Beginner PCA members are always welcome, and there are no prerequisites other than arriving with a vehicle in safe working condition. We require non-member entrants to be experienced to allow instructors to focus on PCA member beginners.
Up to two drivers can share a single vehicle allowing for multiple family members to participate.
Porsche Club of America has redefined their various Autocross classifications for the 2020 season.
- PCL – Pre-’75 & other sub 160 hp Porsches, 924’s, 200 TW Tires
- 9AC – All 76-98 Air Cooled 911 models except turbo, 200 TW Tires
- 9AT – ALL 911 Turbo, 911 GTS, 99+ AWD, 2016+ Carrera S/GTS, 944T, 200 TW Tires
- 9WC – 99+ 911 Carrera models except Turbo, AWD, 2016+ Carrera S/GTS, 200 TW Tires
- 1BC – 97-08 Boxster/Cayman, 09-11 Boxster/Cayman Base Models, 944’s, 200 TW Tires
- 2BC – 09-11 Boxster/Cayman S/GTS, All 2012+ Boxster/Cayman, 968’s, 200 TW Tires
- PSV – ALL PORSCHE SUV, Panamera Models, 928’s, 200 TW Tires
- GTR – Special GT, R, or “Tuner” Porsches, heavily modified Porsches, 100 TW Tires
- PRT – RACE PREPARED PORSCHES, SUB-100 TW Tires
- X1 – SIGNIFICANTLY MODIFIED NON PORSCHES, sub 200 TW Tires
- X2 – ALL WHEEL DRIVE NON PORSCHE, 200 TW Tires
- X3 – REAR WHEEL DRIVE 8cyl+ NON PORSCHE, 200 TW Tires
- X4 – REAR WHEEL DRIVE 3-6cyl NON PORSCHE, 200 TW Tires
- X5 – FRONT WHEEL DRIVE AND SUB 100HP CARS, 200 TW Tires
- L – Ladies Class (Optional)
- IN – Autocross Event Instructors
Upcoming Autocross Events
- e-Brake News: Enter the Spring 2020 Member Only Raffle for chance to win Porsche Taycan 4S April 8, 2020
- Your PCA e-Brake News March 2020 Recap April 3, 2020
- e-Brake News: Video: PCA Club Racing — Challenge yourself and have a lot of fun April 1, 2020
- e-Brake News: Video: Canepa and his 800-horsepower Porsche 959 SC March 25, 2020
- e-Brake News: 2020 Werks Reunion rocks Amelia Island at new location [w/video] March 18, 2020
- e-Brake News: First-place award winners at Werks Reunion Amelia Island [w/video] March 11, 2020
- e-Brake News: 2021 Porsche 911 Turbo S is bigger and faster with 640 horsepower March 4, 2020
- Your PCA e-Brake News February 2020 Recap March 2, 2020
- e-Brake News: Panorama photographer wins Motor Press Guild award for image of 911 GT3 RS at Road America February 26, 2020
- e-Brake News: First Drive: Porsche 718 GTS with 4.0-liter flat six February 19, 2020