What is Autocross?
Autocross (or AX) is an entry level competitive driving event around a course defined by traffic cones. Each “lap” is individually timed for each driver. There is no “wheel-to-wheel” competition with courses designed to be negotiated entirely in 2nd gear for most vehicles. A typical course is 45 to 60 seconds long.
Autocross gives you the opportunity to develop your car control skills in a relatively safe environment.
PCA National Autocross rules allow for any licensed driver age 16 or older to participate in Autocrossing.
Beginner PCA members are always welcome, and there are no prerequisites other than arriving with a vehicle in safe working condition. We require non-member entrants to be experienced to allow instructors to focus on PCA member beginners.
Up to two drivers can share a single vehicle allowing for multiple family members to participate.
Porsche Club of America has redefined their various Autocross classifications for the 2020 season.
- PCL – Pre-’75 & other sub 160 hp Porsches, 924’s, 200 TW Tires
- 9AC – All 76-98 Air Cooled 911 models except turbo, 200 TW Tires
- 9AT – ALL 911 Turbo, 911 GTS, 99+ AWD, 2016+ Carrera S/GTS, 944T, 200 TW Tires
- 9WC – 99+ 911 Carrera models except Turbo, AWD, 2016+ Carrera S/GTS, 200 TW Tires
- 1BC – 97-08 Boxster/Cayman, 09-11 Boxster/Cayman Base Models, 944’s, 200 TW Tires
- 2BC – 09-11 Boxster/Cayman S/GTS, All 2012+ Boxster/Cayman, 968’s, 200 TW Tires
- PSV – ALL PORSCHE SUV, Panamera Models, 928’s, 200 TW Tires
- GTR – Special GT, R, or “Tuner” Porsches, heavily modified Porsches, 100 TW Tires
- PRT – RACE PREPARED PORSCHES, SUB-100 TW Tires
- X1 – SIGNIFICANTLY MODIFIED NON PORSCHES, sub 200 TW Tires
- X2 – ALL WHEEL DRIVE NON PORSCHE, 200 TW Tires
- X3 – REAR WHEEL DRIVE 8cyl+ NON PORSCHE, 200 TW Tires
- X4 – REAR WHEEL DRIVE 3-6cyl NON PORSCHE, 200 TW Tires
- X5 – FRONT WHEEL DRIVE AND SUB 100HP CARS, 200 TW Tires
- L – Ladies Class (Optional)
- IN – Autocross Event Instructors
Upcoming Autocross Events
- e-Brake News: 2021 Porsche 911 Targa 4S Heritage Design Edition is first 'lifestyle' 992 June 3, 2020
- Your PCA e-Brake News May 2020 Recap June 2, 2020
- e-Brake News: Atlanta Porsche Experience Center reopens — find out what's changed May 27, 2020
- e-Brake News: Porsche debuts 2021 911 Targa 4, 4S May 20, 2020
- e-Brake News: Watch 'Karma Carrera' Premiere with John Oates at 8:30 PM EDT (May 12) May 13, 2020
- e-Brake News: PCA Spotlight: Two small projects for your Porsche 986/996 May 6, 2020
- Your PCA e-Brake News April 2020 Recap May 2, 2020
- e-Brake News: PCA Spotlight: Porsche Boxster Spyder comparison — 987 vs. 981 April 29, 2020
- e-Brake News: Video: Keep #PCATogether April 22, 2020
- e-Brake News: Video: Installing Porsche 996 Carrera OEM Sport Exhaust and replacing coil packs, spark plugs April 15, 2020