Car Control School
If you would like to be more comfortable and masterful of your driving environment, have a new driver in the household, or simply wish to explore your vehicle’s capabilities, the Lone Star Region PCA has a program just for you! Our world -class Car Control School (CCS) is not only educational…. it is FUN!
This single-day instructional activity provides you with skills that apply both to everyday driving and spirited driving. We want you to be comfortable and enjoy your vehicle, no matter what situation arises.
Some of the skills we build through exciting drills:
- Vision: Where are you focusing your attention?
- Proper Seating Position and Steering Wheel Control
- Vehicle Weight Transfer and Balance
- Accident Avoidance and “Slippery” Situations
It is one of the few Lone Star Region PCA activities open to licensed drivers below the age of 18 (participants must have a valid Driver’s License), and it can be an excellent activity for a parent and a new driver, or a small group of young drivers entering this critical phase in their lives. Participants will be paired with a group of experienced instructors, who will lead you through a day of thrilling discovery in a parking-lot course. This is not a racing school. This event teaches you the skills and techniques necessary to properly control your daily driver or high-performance car. You will have fun in a safe environment while learning to be a better and more competent driver. This program is open to all car makes/models to assure everyone in Houston has the opportunity.
Upcoming Car Control School Events
- e-Brake News: Rennbow, a searchable Porsche color database June 12, 2019
- e-Brake News: Video: Pro racer sets fast lap at PCA Club Race June 5, 2019
- Your PCA e-Brake News May 2019 Recap June 2, 2019
- e-Brake News: Pirelli recognizes the 2018 PCA HPDE program volunteers May 29, 2019
- e-Brake News: Video: OMGT2: A Zanzibar Red 996 GT2 scratches the Porsche itch May 22, 2019
- e-Brake News: PCA Spotlight: Inside TECHART and its latest Porsche creations May 15, 2019
- e-Brake News: Mart Fresh: Porsche 944 Turbo or modern 911 Carrera? May 8, 2019
- Your PCA e-Brake News April 2019 Recap May 3, 2019
- e-Brake News: Porsche sets Road America production car lap record with GT2 RS May 1, 2019
- e-Brake News: Porsche debuts new 911 Speedster with GT3 flat-six at NY Auto Show [w/video] April 24, 2019