Car Control School
If you would like to be more comfortable and masterful of your driving environment, have a new driver in the household, or simply wish to explore your vehicle’s capabilities, the Lone Star Region PCA has a program just for you! Our world -class Car Control School (CCS) is not only educational…. it is FUN!
This single-day instructional activity provides you with skills that apply both to everyday driving and spirited driving. We want you to be comfortable and enjoy your vehicle, no matter what situation arises.
Some of the skills we build through exciting drills:
- Vision: Where are you focusing your attention?
- Proper Seating Position and Steering Wheel Control
- Vehicle Weight Transfer and Balance
- Accident Avoidance and “Slippery” Situations
It is one of the few Lone Star Region PCA activities open to licensed drivers below the age of 18 (participants must have a valid Driver’s License), and it can be an excellent activity for a parent and a new driver, or a small group of young drivers entering this critical phase in their lives. Participants will be paired with a group of experienced instructors, who will lead you through a day of thrilling discovery in a parking-lot course. This is not a racing school. This event teaches you the skills and techniques necessary to properly control your daily driver or high-performance car. You will have fun in a safe environment while learning to be a better and more competent driver. This program is open to all car makes/models to assure everyone in Houston has the opportunity.
Upcoming Car Control School Events
Nothing from June 4, 2020 to June 4, 2021.
- e-Brake News: 2021 Porsche 911 Targa 4S Heritage Design Edition is first 'lifestyle' 992 June 3, 2020
- Your PCA e-Brake News May 2020 Recap June 2, 2020
- e-Brake News: Atlanta Porsche Experience Center reopens — find out what's changed May 27, 2020
- e-Brake News: Porsche debuts 2021 911 Targa 4, 4S May 20, 2020
- e-Brake News: Watch 'Karma Carrera' Premiere with John Oates at 8:30 PM EDT (May 12) May 13, 2020
- e-Brake News: PCA Spotlight: Two small projects for your Porsche 986/996 May 6, 2020
- Your PCA e-Brake News April 2020 Recap May 2, 2020
- e-Brake News: PCA Spotlight: Porsche Boxster Spyder comparison — 987 vs. 981 April 29, 2020
- e-Brake News: Video: Keep #PCATogether April 22, 2020
- e-Brake News: Video: Installing Porsche 996 Carrera OEM Sport Exhaust and replacing coil packs, spark plugs April 15, 2020