All Car Control School events for the year are posted at the beginning of each year (typically 4 per year).
- Create an account and sign-up at ClubRegistration.net.
- You can share a car, but please register individually.
- Both participants will get the same drive time as all other students.
- Cost is $150 per driver ($100 for LSRPCA members).
- Free for CCS instructors and volunteers.
- An event is limited to 40 participants so sign-up early!
Gates open at 7:00 am and the event lasts until around 4:45 pm.
The single day school includes a combination of classroom instruction and individual behind-the-wheel clinics.
Food and drinks are provided:
- Breakfast: donuts/kolaches/coffee.
- Lunch: box lunches (sandwich/chips).
- Drinks: iced bottled water and soda all day.
Since the driving exercises are performed at low speeds and under instruction, participants are not required to wear helmets.
All cars must have a Technical Inspection, which will be performed at the event location. Students must assure the following is done prior to the event (details provided following registration):
- General mechanical integrity.
- Proper wheel torque and tire pressure.
- Loose articles removed from the car.
Some of the Drills include:
- Wet skid pad.
- Decreasing radius (figure 8).
- Accident avoidance.
- Apex drill.
An Autocross Event may be scheduled on Sunday following the Saturday Car Control School. We encourage you to sign-up for them if they are available. This gives both novices and veteran drivers a fun course to play on and the confidence to participate in our other track events. These are separate events that require registration at ClubRegistration.net and are not included in the CCS event pricing. CCS is not a prerequisite for entering either a Drivers Education event or an Autocross event.
Additional information is available in the Car Control School Participant’s Handbook, which is available when you register for the event.