The Porsche Club of America history is 6 years longer than the Lone Star Region. Lone Star Region turned 50 years old in 2011! We have a long history and many Region participants are well-known in the history of Porsche. For example, take a look at this 1962 Panorama magazine.
The Lone Star Region supports the PCA key objectives:
- Promote the highest standards of courtesy and safety on the road
- Enjoy and share the goodwill and fellowship engendered by owning a Porsche
- Maintain the highest standard of operation and performance of the marque
- Establish mutually beneficial relationships with the Porsche factory, dealers, and other service sources
- Exchange ideas with other Porsche Clubs throughout the world
- Establish mutually cooperative relationships with other sports car clubs
The Region hosts and co-hosts many events and activities. Links to our various activity areas are on the above menu.
Our calendar is constantly updated with additional information on events.
Lone Star Region is big! We are currently the largest Region in PCA Zone 5 with over 1600 primary members and 2300 members (when we include family and associate members).
We invite all Porsche owners who share our interest in Porsche to join the Porsche Club of America. When you join PCA, those of you in the 37 county area around greater Houston will become members of the Lone Star Region. The map below is courtesy of the University of Texas Library.
We encourage members to participate actively in the various Club events. Regardless of the kind of Porsche activity you choose and the model of Porsche you drive, Lone Star Region can be a place to meet a great group of friends.
We also invite you to take full advantage of the resources of the Houston Porsche dealers and the vendors who support Lone Star Region PCA. You will see them acknowledged on the website, in our quarterly magazine The Lone Star, and in other Region communications.
Also at your disposal are the resources of the Porsche Club of America.
The Lone Star Region is always looking for ways to bring its members together to share their cars and experiences with Porsche. Spend some time exploring all of the activities that the club has to offer.