Where Do I Start?
First thing to do to join a Concours is register for an upcoming event. Our event registration is handled by ClubRegistration.net. Create an account on the site, and look for the upcoming events in Lone Star Region, then sign-up for the next Concours.
Next, determine in which class your car will compete. Porsche Club of America has 14 divisions in their Concours program. They are listed below by Division > Automobile.
- 914/4 & 914/6
- 911 & 912 (1965 – 1973)
- 911 & 912 (1974 – 1989)
- 964 & 993 (1989 – 1998)
- 996 & 997 (1999 – 2012)
- 991 (2012 – on)
- 924, 944, 968, and 928 (1977 – 1995)
- Boxster & Cayman (1997 – 2012)
- Boxster & Cayman (2013 – on)
- Cayenne, Panamera & Macan (2003 – on)
- Limited Production – Built by the Porsche factory in very small/limited quantities: 356GT, 911R/RS Lightweight/RSR/SC RS, 916, 934, 935, 924 Carrera GT/GTR/GTS, 959, 961, etc.
- Modified – production-based automobiles exhibiting one or more of the following: comprehensive alteration of the body, the chassis, safety, engine, etc.
- Factory Race – anything the factory built or had/has a hand in with a Porsche engine: Glockler, Abarth Carrera, 908, 917, 911RSR, 934, 935, 936, GT1, 996 Cup, etc.
The Basic Steps in Car Preparation
- Polish or prep
There are various videos and such out there on social media to help you better understand cleaning techniques, materials, etc. but find the one that works the best for your as there are endless choices.
If you would like to volunteer to become a Judge please contact Tom Roy, Concours Chairman, to discuss in greater detail as there are also “Judges Schools”
The Lone Star Region PCA Concours Chairperson is Tom Roy. Hector Martinez and Rich DeManche are the Co-Chairpersons. Contact Tom or Hector if you have questions about Concours events or would like to volunteer for an event!
Click here for our Concours main page.
Read about previous Lone Star Region PCA Concours events here.